Effective Date: July 30, 2014
NOTICE - INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND USE.
- Users of Websites on which the Service is Implemented. When you visit a website on which the Service is implemented (each, a “Customer Website”), We collect certain information regarding your use of the Customer Website, such as your IP address and browser type. We gather this information for systems administration purposes, abuse prevention and to track user trends. Your session on the Customer Website will be tracked, but each user will remain anonymous. We may use your IP address to identify the general geographic area from which you are accessing the Customer Website. However, We do not link IP addresses to any personally identifiable information.
- Users of the Service. We collect and store information that registered users of the Service (“Customers”) submit to Us, such as their names and e-mail addresses, to allow Us to identify Customers, provide the Service and notify Customers of changes or updates to the Service. When Customers provide Us with their e-mail addresses, they automatically opt-in to receive e-mails from Us (including marketing e-mails). If a Customer would like to opt-out of these marketing e-mails, it can change its settings through its account page. We also collect and store the Customer’s name and phone number if a Customer elects to provide such information, which We use to assist Us in providing the Service. We also collect other information from Customers, such as the Customer’s IP address and browser type. We use the IP addresses of Customers to assist in login and other uses related to Customers’ use of the Service. Customers’ sessions on the Site are tracked for systems administration purposes and to track user trends. We may link IP address and other information to a Customer’s account.
- Traffic Data. As part of the Service, We collect information relating to traffic on the Customer websites (“Traffic Data”) on which Customers choose to activate the Service. In connection with the collection of this Traffic Data, Wordsmith does not collect any personally identifiable information from users of Customer Websites, provided that (A) Wordsmith does collect IP addresses from visitors to Customer websites in order to show geolocation information, and (B) the Customer configures the Wordsmith code on the Customer Website in accordance with the instructions and documentation provided by Wordsmith, so that URLs containing personally identifiable information of end users are not captured by the Service. Wordsmith is not and shall not be liable for any collection or use of personally identifiable information of end users of a Customer Website due to a Customer’s placement of the Wordsmith code on the Customer website not in accordance with Wordsmith’s instructions or the documentation provided by Wordsmith in connection with the Service.
- Header Information. We collect and use browser header information to help Us understand from which websites a user navigates to a Customer website.
DATA INTEGRITY - HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION.
We generally use the information We collect from end users and the Site, Customers of our Service, and end users of our Customer websites to create a secure and personalized Service.
- IP Addresses. We gather this information for systems administration purposes, abuse prevention and to track user trends. If you are an end user of a Customer website, we may also use your IP address to identify the general geographic area from which you are accessing the Customer website. We do not link IP addresses to any personally identifiable information.
- Header Information. Header information is used to determine which websites originated traffic into Customer websites implementing the Service.
- Traffic Data. Traffic Data is used to provide Customers with real-time analytics and uptime monitoring. We may aggregate and anonymize Traffic Data with that from other websites to provide benchmarking data and other functionality, but Wordsmith will not use or disclose aggregated Traffic Data in a manner that reveals the identity of a Customer or Customer website without the Customer’s express prior consent.
- User ID and Password Information. We collect Customers’ user IDs and password information to enable them to log into and use the Service.
- Customer E-Mail Addresses. Customers are automatically opted-in to receive marketing e-mails from Us when they register for the Service. Customers can opt-out of such e-mails by adjusting their account settings, provided that we may still send Customers e-mails relating to their accounts.
- Customer Names and Phone Numbers. We collect Customers’ names and phone numbers, which allow Us to contact them in account recovery and other scenarios.
ONWARD TRANSFER - DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION TO THIRD PARTIES.
- Traffic Data. We may aggregate and anonymize Customers’ Traffic Data with that from other Customers to provide benchmarking data and other functionality, but we will not disclose aggregated Traffic Data in a manner that reveals the identity of a Customer or a Customer website without the Customer’s express prior consent.
- Agents We employ other companies and people to perform tasks on our behalf and need to share your information with them to provide products and services. Examples include billing, technical assistance, and customer service. Our agents subscribe to the same level of privacy protection as we do. Unless we inform you otherwise, Wordsmith’s agents do not have any right to use the personal information We share with them beyond what is necessary to assist Us.
- Business Transfers In some cases, Wordsmith may choose to buy or sell assets. In these types of transactions, user information is typically one of the business assets that is transferred. Moreover, if Wordsmith, or substantially all of its assets, were acquired, user information would be one of the assets that is reviewed and transferred or acquired by a third party. Accordingly, you acknowledge that such transfers may occur, and that any acquirer of Wordsmith may continue to use your personal information as set forth in this policy.
- Email Opt-Out. As noted above, Customers may choose not to receive marketing e-mails from Us and can opt out of such e-mails through their account settings.
- Accessing Personal Information. Customers may access their personally identifiable information stored by Wordsmith. We will allow Customers to correct, amend or delete their personal information that We retain to the extent it is inaccurate, except where the burden or expense of providing access would be disproportionate to the risks to the privacy of the Customer in question, or where the rights of others would be violated. Note that We do not retain IP addresses, browser information or header information of non-Customer users for more than a temporary period of time in order to provide the Service, and as such, that information cannot be accessed or modified.
- Deletion. Customers who discontinue use of the Service may choose to have their personal information deleted from the Service by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
LINKS TO THIRD PARTY WEBSITES.
The Site may contain links to third-party websites. Please be aware that We are not responsible for the privacy practices of third-party websites you choose to visit. If you provide any information directly to parties other than Us, different rules may apply to the use or disclosure of that information. We encourage you to investigate and ask questions before disclosing your personal information to third parties.
THIRD PARTY ADVERTISERS.
We may choose to deploy advertising on the Service that is delivered to users through a third party’s advertising server. Information about users’ use of the Service, such as the number of times a user has viewed an ad (but no personally identifiable information of the user), would be used in such a scenario to serve ads to users of the Service.
VOLUNTARY PUBLIC DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION.
PRIVACY PROTECTION FOR CHILDREN.
In compliance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA), We do not knowingly provide access to the Service to persons under the age of thirteen (13). If We learn that any user of the Service is under the age of thirteen (13), We will take appropriate steps to remove that user’s information from our records and We will restrict that individual from future access to the Service.
We have implemented security measures to protect user information from loss, misuse and alteration. We use industry-standard practices such as encrypted storage, firewalls and password protection systems to safeguard the confidentiality of Customers’ personal information. Each of Our employees and agents is aware of Our security policies, and your information is only available to those employees and agents who need it to perform their jobs. Although we have taken measures to keep user information secure, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. We cannot control the actions of other users with whom you share your information. We cannot guarantee that only authorized persons will view your information. We cannot ensure that information you share through the Service will not become publicly available. We are not responsible for third-party circumvention or hacking of any privacy settings or security measures in the Service, and we hereby disclaim all liability related to such third-party action. Although we have implemented security measures that we think are reasonable, we cannot guarantee the security of your information. Any transmission of your information or use of the Service is at your own risk. You can reduce these risks by using common-sense security practices such as choosing a strong password, using different passwords for different services, and using up-to-date antivirus software.
NOTIFICATION OF CHANGES.
SAFE HARBOR PRIVACY STATEMENT.
BBB EU SAFE HARBOR
4200 Wilson Boulevard, Suite 800
Arlington, VA 22203